Located all over Enterprise and surrounding areas, members meet to further Amateur Radio in Coffee, and Dale County.
Some information on what the club does for the surrounding area:
· We prepare for emergency support of Coffee County (For instance tornado's and hurricanes.)
· We support community events that might need communication between locations. (Like Wounded Warrior Bike Ride.)
· By providing routine testing to become an Amateur Operator- See list of new calls in the area.
· Our group is working on a syllabus, and providing assistance, for new operators who need more support for setting up and understanding how to operate their stations.
· The club also maintains a 2 Meter and a 440 repeater that facilitate communication in the local area between portable and mobile devices.
· * 147.240 + with 100hz tone, and 443.250 + open repeaters. feel free to use these when you like.
Special thanks to W4QJL Travis, KF4BHP Aaron (SK), and N4RYC, for their work and financial support in maintaining the repeaters.
Are you a General Class license holder with no way to get on HF?
If you need assistance setting up an HF station, please let us help!
We know the details of setting up antennas, feeding cables through to the inside of a residence and making sure the station is operating correctly can be a daunting task. This is one of our latest installs.
There are elmers waiting to assist you in helping get your station on the air.
Join us at the monthly meeting of the minds listed below and ask for assistance, we will find a way to get you on the air.
We are meeting the third Thursday of the month at 1900 hours (7 PM) Our next meeting is the 19th of January 2023 at the Enterprise State Community College room TA100. Please join us.